Users of EdgeCTP can disconnect their existing connection to the online cloud-based FreeAgent accounting package when they wish to perform tasks in EdgeCTP that they don’t want replicated in FreeAgent (or at least until they re-connect or sync manually at a later date).
How to Disconnect FreeAgent from EdgeCTP
The following is a brief step-by-step guide that introduces how to disconnect FreeAgent from within EdgeCTP.
Disconnecting FreeAgent from within EdgeCTP
Make sure you have administration user access rights and login to your EdgeCTP account.
- From the home dashboard, choose from the menu in the top left of the screen: Administration > Settings > Accounting Interface and notice that FreeAgent is connected
- Click [Disconnect] to show the Disconnect from FreeAgent confirmation pop-up. Please note that if you have popup blockers enabled on your browser, you’ll see a warning appear, usually in the address bar (towards the right), saying that a popup was blocked. If this happens, then click the warning > Always allow popups from EdgeCTP and click [Disconnect] again to see the Disconnect from FreeAgent confirmation
- Click [1st Disconnect FreeAgent] that will take you to FreeAgent (in a new/different tab) with a Login request for security purposes
- Login to FreeAgent and the Connected Apps screen will appear
- Find EdgeCTP and click [Disconnect app]; when asked if you are sure, click [Disconnect App] again, and EdgeCTP will disappear from FreeAgent’s Connected App screen
- Click on the [EdgeCTP | Settings] tab (at the top of your browser) to return you back to EdgeCTP
- On the Disconnect from FreeAgent confirmation in EdgeCTP, now click [2nd Disconnect EdgeCTP], which will clean-up connection links on EdgeCTP and return you to Administration > Settings > Accounting Interface with FreeAgent being ‘unconnected‘
See more on FreeAgent and EdgeCTP
- How to disconnect FreeAgent from EdgeCTP
- How to create an Invoice in EdgeCTP and copy to FreeAgent
- How to create a Credit Note in EdgeCTP and copy to FreeAgent
- Start using FreeAgent